Many people consider trekking as a holiday activity or an adventure. But there are many hidden advantages and health benefits of trekking which many people do not know. Apart from fun, trekking improves your health, helps in staying fit and also helps in learning and knowing about new places and cultures. Trekking helps in keeping up physically and mentally fit. Trekking involves a lot of climbing, stretching, dodging and jumping which keeps your body fit an exercised. It also helps in spending a good amount of time with Mother Nature. While hiking beginners should start with simple destination and then later on increase the difficulty.
Some care must be taken while trekking or hiking and is always better to have a trekking kit carried with you. Some of the benefits of trekking are mentioned here below:
- Keeps mentally and physically fit.
- Helps breathe a fresh clean air which keeps your lungs clean.
- Trekking helps to make your bones more strong.
- Increases your muscle strength thereby keeping it more agile and flexible.
- Controls obesity and heart diseases.
- Hiking and trekking can build stamina in kids and teenagers and makes their body strong.
- Helps in shedding the extra pounds and fat in the body.
- Reduces the risk of depressions and can have a good night’s sleep.
- Lowers risks of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and coronary heart diseases.
- Helps in preventing osteoporosis.
Trekking does not cost you much and is one of the best exercises which have countless benefits for people of all ages. It can be more enjoyable than working out in gym as you can go trekking or hiking with your family member or a group of friends which can surely be a day to remember.